Friday, July 24, 2009

Question

Okay, you all know the saying, "something old and something new, something borrowed and something blue" does this mean the bride needs to wearing all these things, or can the groom be doing some of the wearing, or can it be in things you USE in the wedding?

Let's say, for example, a friend has offered me something that would be of use in the wedding ceremony/service- to borrow. Does that count as my borrowed?

If Tom wears a blue pocket silk (i don't think we're going the pocket silk route, but it was the first thing that came to mind), does that qualify as the blue?

and can you could the dress as new (if it is), given that some people do get resale dresses or remake friends/family members dresses?

just wondering....

1 comment:

  1. I think you can do it however you want really - it is a tradition thing and you can disregard it or not.

    That being said, I had all of them on my person.

    New - the dress, the shoes, etc
    Old (and Borrowed) - my Grandmother's necklace
    Blue - a train patch (with a goat logo) sewn on the inside of my crinoline.

    I did double duty with borrowed and old and don't feel bad about it. And the blue wasn't visible which seemed fine too. I'd do what you want!

    ReplyDelete