Friday, July 31, 2009

The end of days...

Today is my last day at current job.

This is kind of a surreal experience. I don't the desktop of my computer has ever been so "clean" (even when I first arrived), and my morning is consisting of posting "I'm no longer here" aut0-replies and messages. Well, and cleaning out my email inbox of all personal emails, as that mailbox will be turned over. Interesting.

Given that it is a Friday, it's also somewhat odd that everyone asks "oh, your last day?" and yes, it is- but it's also the weekend so everyone is leaving between 12:30 and 1 anyway, so it's somewhat anti-climactic. and as the "farewell breakfast" was Wednesday, the past day (and half-day today) mostly end up as filler... I mean, new position trained in, given over.... not much left for me to do, really. I hope that means I did okay with training, etc- but, then again- well, you have to let it go.

I'm giving back keys, cards, files, email inbox, etc... sure it's a little weird- but really, that's life. so I go home this afternoon to pack (Michigan for 10 days or so) and go to see HP 6 and have mexican for dinner.

All in all- an excellent plan for a last-day.

I'd say "so long, suckers," but i'd be lying- i think i'll miss this place. honestly. but i'll be back in april- at least for a weekend :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment