Wednesday, February 3, 2010

February

Well, we're at the under-5-months mark, and still a fair amount to do. I'm trying to chip away at the wedding details without freaking out. I'm also trying to involve Tom in as much as possible in the least amount of time. (In other words, I do all the research and pricing and present him with options. Lesson planning (4 preps!) is rather time consuming for him right now!!

So- we're plugging along. China pattern finally agreed on. Yet to add placemats/napkins, but also not overly concerned about it yet. (Need to do pre-Friday.)
Tasting scheduled for February 24th- for dinner. Following that we meet with bakery people. (Hoping for cupcakes, variation on flavors, and at least a few gluten-free ones!!)
Have to schedule appointment with jeweler, but I now know what I'm looking for for Tom's ring. (Frankly, I think I kind of get off easy on this one!)

Bridal shower is March 13th, which is nice. I really am hoping to get certain stuff then so I can start using it, but it's silly to ask for specific priorities- just happy to get things needed and that will be used and appreciated!

Otherwise- we leave for Maui on Saturday. Kind of a "pre-honeymoon," gift from Tom's parents. (they have a time share in Maui, and are taking us this year because once we're both full time teaching, a full week in February becomes an impossibility- or at least not a great idea!!) So we're getting excited, though Tom is slightly overwhelmed by having to do a week of sub plans for four different classes! (not that I blame him!)

Looking forward to some good "beach reads" on this trip- though my beach reading is probably not standard! On the top of my list is "Liberty" by Garrison Keillor, to really get my head into parade-mode, as that will also kick up once I'm back to reality!!

Really- ready for warm weather. Though will likely not mind an escape from Chicago politics at present!

No comments:

Post a Comment